Starting a Business
For retail, wholesale, service or manufacturing, consider Oelwein as a place to productively and cost-effectively do business. We have properties available.
Whether building, relocating or expanding, Oelwein Chamber and Area Development and the City of Oelwein stand ready to assist you in your business venture.
For more details, call the OCAD office at 319-283-1105.
Revolving Loan Fund
The City of Oelwein Revolving Loan Fund became available in October of 2007 to make monies available to help businesses in Oelwein improve their properties, expand, acquire buildings/land and more. In 2015 and 2019, an additional Revolving Loan Fund was awarded to the City of Oelwein from USDA to enhance and expand the opportunities of the existing program to further increase the capability of funding new and existing businesses.
For complete details, including the application, on the Revolving Loan Fund, please see our Financial Incentives page.
For more information on starting your own business, visit the following links:
- 10 Steps to Starting a Business
- Hiring Your First Employee
- SBA Loan Programs
- How to Choose the Right Bank for Your Small Business
- Salary Paycheck Calculator: Hourly Wage to Yearly Salary Converter Calculator
- 20 Small Business Tax Deductions
- 10 Steps to Achieving Work-Life Balance: Small Business Edition