The Oelwein Chamber office was established in 1934. OCAD was formed in 2002 to merge the Oelwein Chamber and Oelwein Economic Development groups. Two Staff personnel are currently employed by OCAD to service the almost 300 members. OCAD reaches all of Fayette County and beyond. Monthly board meetings are held and one membership annual meeting is held in October. The most satisfied members are those who get involved and participate in activities and events. Employees of members are always welcome to participate.
OCAD community promotion and development includes working with Fayette County Economic Development, assistance with financial opportunities, new and expanding business assistance, Community Foundation of Waterloo/Cedar Falls affiliation, downtown revitalization & development, promotion of City housing incentives, training classes/seminars and promotion/support for Positively Oelwein group. OCAD also sponsors many community events including downtown flower baskets, new teacher business promotion, Easter Basket Hunt, Daddy Daughter Dance, Summer Series "Party in the Park", Oelwein Heritage Days, Fall Fling and Olde Tyme Christmas. To help promote local businesses and shopping locally, a "Shop Oelwein ... We're Awesome" campaign was established in 2015. This committee assists in marketing the local shops to potential customers across the state of Iowa. Shopping events, brochures, billboard, TV campaign, text marketing program and more were established.
The Oelwein Chamber and Area Development (OCAD) office is located at 6 South Frederick, right downtown. Office staff will be happy to assist with any information you desire about Oelwein such as local maps and roads, tourism brochures and other useful materials. Our hours are Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Please see our contact page for full contact information.
Oelwein Chamber and Area Development is the leading force in the growth and development of business in the community and an advocate for its members. OCAD focuses its efforts on business/industry development and retention, addressing infrastructure and downtown redevelopment needs, and collectively promoting the community and its resources. We believe that together we can accomplish what cannot be done alone.
Our Organizational Values
- Growth of existing businesses and industries
- Downtown revitalization
- Improvement of infrastructure
- Historic value & preservation
- Attracting visitors
- Enriching the life of our community
- Accomplishing the greatest good for the greatest number
Why Invest in OCAD
- We are the leading force in the growth and development of businesses in the community and an advocate for its members
- We focuses our efforts on business/industry development and retention, addressing infrastructure and downtown redevelopment needs, and collectively promoting the community and its resources
We believe that together we can accomplish what cannot be done alone!
- Deb Howard, Executive Director
- Carolyn Spence, Office Manager
- President: Jon King, Fidelity Bank
- Vice President: Tracy Kerns, Financial Decisions Group
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jeremy Lockard, RFSW
Term Ends July 2025
- Paul Schemmel, Fareway
- Lisa Bahe, Vogel Insurance
- Eric Buehner, Geilenfeld Funeral Home
Term Ends July 2023
- Travis Bushaw, Cornerstone Realtors
- Dylan Mulfinger, City of Oelwein Administrator
- Josh Ehn, Oelwein Schools
- Chad Benter, VanDenover Jewelry
- Jeremy Birdnow, Birdnow Motor Trade
Term Ends July 2024
- Matt Nelson, Dollar Fresh
- Sarah Scheel, Lumber Ridge Home Source
- Sarah Lewis, Community Bank
- Brett DeVore, City of Oelwein
- Terri Rubner, NICC Rams Center
- William Duffy, Upper Iowa University
- Deb Howard, Oelwein Chamber & Area Development
- Mallory Hanson, Fayette Co Econ Dev
OCAD is the perfect place to make contacts with potential new customers for your business or profession. Our most satisfied members are often those who attend committee meetings, activities and use us as a source of meeting people as well as for information.
Committees meet about once a month. New members are always welcome to join committees and to become involved.
For more information on our programs & committees and events, please visit our Programs page!
Thank you to the many businesses and individuals who make our chamber programs possible. Thanks to the retail merchants and area businesses who participate in or support our various events. All of your efforts and dedication contributes to the success of the OCAD events. The enthusiasm and hard work of all our volunteers is vital to making events possible. Please continue to offer your special talents.
For more information on our programs and events, please visit our Programs page!