American Red Cross – Hawkeye Chapter
Toll Free: 1-800-322-9051
The Hawkeye Chapter serves Black Hawk, Bremer, Chickasaw, Fayette, Butler and Grundy counties. You can find more information at www.redcross.org .
The American Red Cross provides many humanitarian needs to our community, including:
* Disaster services provides free, immediate disaster relief to families including; food, clothing, shelter and any other necessities in the event of a natural or manmade disaster.
* Armed forces emergency services include contacting servicemen/women in the military in the event of a family emergency.
* Health and safety services provides educational classes including swimming lessons, CPR and first aid, lifeguard training and workplace training educating our community with lifesaving skills in case of emergencies.
* Biomedical services include the community blood drives.
* International services provides contact of individuals from oversees with individuals residing in the United States and vice versa.
The Red Cross has several publications that are available free of charge to the community on Preparedness before disasters strikes.
Volunteer opportunities are available and interested people should contact Alan McKean at 1-800-322-9051.